East Boise Summer All-Stars Registration
**THERE IS A LOT TO READ ON THIS PAGE, BUT IT MUST BE READ IN FULL BEFORE SIGNING UP FOR SUMMER ALL-STARS**
EBYBS is forming summer all-star baseball teams for players league age 9 and under, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 15 and under for the 2021 summer baseball season (league age determined by age as of May 1st, 2021 – league age 7 and 8 will register for the 9U team, league age 14 will register for the 15U team). We cannot guarantee that we will be successful in forming teams for each age group, however, it is a goal we’d like to accomplish. Ultimately, the registration count will determine whether or not we will hit this goal. This is registration for East Boise All-Stars Baseball. Only players that participated in the EBYBS league for the 2021 spring baseball season are eligible to register. Any questions should be emailed directly to email@example.com.
REGISTRATION FOR SUMMER ALL-STARS IS NOW CLOSED
All players are welcome to register for summer baseball within their league age division. Your child will not be guaranteed a spot on a team and must be selected to a team to participate with EBYBS Summer Baseball. Some age groups may have more registration activity than others. Generally, only 1 team per age group is formed (12-14 players). If enough players register for a second team to be formed, EBYBS will do everything possible to help establish the second team.
Important differences between summer and spring baseball with EBYBS:
- Players do not assess or try out for the summer team (with the exception of the 2021 12U team there will be a try out). They are selected based on a voting system by head coaches and assistant coaches from the division in which your child plays. The players with the most votes are selected to the team for their age group.
- If your son makes a team, there is no guarantee of playing time. Philosophy on playing time and lineups will vary from coach to coach, but these teams are formed to play a competitive level of baseball and there is no league minimum playing time required for any team.
- Parents are responsible for the full cost of uniforms (estimated around $150-175) and their player’s share of tourney registration dues (estimated $40-$60 per tournament – generally paying for 3-5 tournaments). Please contact the league by email regarding possible scholarship opportunities.
- Mandatory uniform fittings will take place on May 1st during and after games and practices that take place that day.
- Although teams won’t necessarily play every weekend, players are expected to commit to the team starting from the end of the spring season to mid or late July, with the more successful teams eligible for World Series (age 10 and 12 only) in early August. Your family’s commitment is important to the success of the team. Missing a weekend does not preclude your child from being eligible to join the team and is not an uncommon occurrence. Please include any known schedule conflicts in the text box at the bottom of the registration page.
- Practices are generally the first 2-3 days of the week with games played from Thursday to Saturday or Friday to Sunday, depending on the tournament. The practice schedule will vary with each age group and the tournament schedule will be decided independently by each coach.
- Travel away from the Treasure Valley area may be involved. This will be decided by each coach. Depending on the age group, some State/Regional tournaments will require travel. Participation in the State tournament is mandatory.
- Your child may play more often or less often than he did in spring. Your child may play positions they do not normally play. There are lots of shortstops, pitchers, and catchers on each team and not everyone will get to play those positions.
- Players will register for their league age group. League age is determined by your son’s age on May 1st of 2019. Players that are league age 7 or 8 on May 1st will be eligible for the 9U team, as there is not an official league age 7 or 8 EBYBS team.
- Playing summer baseball in previous seasons with East Boise does not automatically qualify a player for the following season. Teams must be reassessed each year to take into consideration players new to the league and players that have improved more than others.
- Parents must provide the coach with a copy of their birth certificate at the beginning of the season to be approved for play in official Cal Ripken or Babe Ruth tournaments.
Summer baseball is unique from spring baseball in that lifelong friendships and bonds are made between families. There is a lot of fun to be had in each summer season, as well as some heartache, but many current or past families would agree that summer baseball is what they are waiting for every year. We hope that you will register your son for baseball this summer and that you have as much fun with the program as we all do! Please contact us with any questions or concerns that you may have.